Rating songs from Evermore

 

Evermore is Taylor Swift’s ninth album and it was released in 2020. It was a surprise album that was announced the night before its release only five months after her previous album Folklore. It is definitely one of my all-time favorite albums of hers.

“willow” 9/10- This song is very good, and I like the video for it. It also gets stuck in my head a lot.

“champagne problems” 13/10- This is tied for my favorite song of the album. It is one of my favorite songs of Taylor’s in general and I have been obsessed with it since I first heard it.

“gold rush” 9/10- This is another very good one. It makes me feel very happy inside.

“’tis the damn season” 11/10- I also really love this song and I think the lyrics are heartbreaking and beautiful.

“tolerate it” 8/10- This song is so beautifully devastating that it is almost hard to listen to at times, but it’s still so good that I gave it an 8.

“no body, no crime” 10/10- This song is so much fun and so good! I love HAIM and I love that this implies that Taylor murdered a man.

“happiness” 8/10- Contrary to the title, this song is very sad and makes me feel like I just got out of a six-year relationship and now I don’t know what to do with my life.

“dorothea” 8/10- This song feels super bittersweet to me and goes perfectly with Finn and Rachel’s relationship on Glee.

“coney island” 11/10- This is another one where the lyrics and meaning are very tragic, but the melody is so catchy and good.

“ivy” 12/10- I absolutely love this song and the storyline within it. It is another one that I was hooked on when I first heard it.

“cowboy like me” 10/10- This song breaks my heart in the best way possible and it reminds me of a couple from the book Six of Crows.

“long story short” 6/10- I used to really like this song when the album first came out and I still do, but I don’t listen to it as much as the others.

“marjorie” 7/10- I really love the bridge of this song and it makes me think of my mom and grandmothers.

“closure” 6/10- This song is just not really my style, but I still like the lyrics.

“evermore” 9/10- This song is very good and very sad, but also hopeful at the same time. I also love how it is kind of like a continuation of the song “exile,” from Folklore.

“right where you left me” 13/10- This is my other favorite song from the album. I think it is the perfect song and I could probably listen to it forever.

“it’s time to go” 6/10- I honestly haven’t listened to this song that much, just because I loved the other bonus track so much.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rating songs from Lover

Rating songs from Reputation

Rating songs from 1989